Automotive Help and Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

review - Hantek DSO3064A Automotive kit

3 posters

Go down

review - Hantek DSO3064A Automotive kit Empty review - Hantek DSO3064A Automotive kit

Post by farnbeyond Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Got a cheap pc based digital storage oscilloscope (dso) of ebay.
HANTEK dso3064a automotive kit VII. around $800
4 channels (isolated) supposed 60mhz

Came with excellent range of hardware.
2 amp clamps, sets of 4 of inductive plug lead clamps, generic alligator leads, probes, back probes, large alligator clamps, 20:1 transducers, extra long probe leads, awesome case. isolated channels (each channel has its own ground/ref)
But the software sucks.
No updates, shitty basic features, no memory or playback, it glitches with two channels running, halfbaked incomplete user manual, terrible graph interface.

I pretty much use the hardware with my multimeter, and screen shot any short waveforms I want to keep for reference if absolutely necessary.
Would recommend trialling any dso software before purchasing a hardware kit to avoid unexpected frustration, I personally took for granted that the software would be good enough to exploit the usage of the hardware, but not in this situation.

Perhaps consider paying for a high end scope [with no accessories] (eg pico) to utilize their software, but get a cheap kit with full range of accessories.

farnbeyond

Registration date : 2016-12-28

Back to top Go down

review - Hantek DSO3064A Automotive kit Empty Re: review - Hantek DSO3064A Automotive kit

Post by cristi-obd2 Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:25 am

Thank you
cristi-obd2
cristi-obd2

Registration date : 2015-03-21

http://www.obd2sos.net

Back to top Go down

review - Hantek DSO3064A Automotive kit Empty Re: review - Hantek DSO3064A Automotive kit

Post by hero3838 Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:35 am

Thanks

hero3838

Registration date : 2017-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum